About Me

My Photo
Singapore
Hello, my name is Stacy and I'm from Singapore.

Monday, 19 January 2015

The Perfect Pancakes



Tom and I have made pancakes a number of times. This time, we finally got it right! Well actually it was him, I wasn't really doing anything except to take photos of the pancakes.






He found a recipe online for fluffy american pancakes. To me, those are called ''Pancakes'' but over here in the UK, pancakes to them is something similar to a crepe. It's really thin, which isn't what I prefer. In Wales, sometimes they refer to american pancakes as pikelets.

--

This recipe is from BBC Food:

Ingredients:

135g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp caster sugar
130ml milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp melted butter, plus extra for cooking

--

We slightly altered it to our liking. The plain flour was replaced for self raising flour and we omitted baking powder from the recipe. Granulated sugar was used instead of caster and we used two small eggs instead of one large egg.

Our altered recipe was perfect because of  how nicely the pancakes turned out to be!

Also a very important to get a pretty looking pancake like the one below, heat your pan till it is really hot and do not put any form of oil on your pan!


I used to always believe and wonder why do the first pancake always turn out to be the ugliest but it's a myth to me now.

By not putting oil, our pancakes turned out just as fine, even better than the other times when we did put oil, I would say.


and here are the pancakes! Perfectly brown, super fluffy and nicely risen.

We had it with nutella and lemmon juice + sugar. It was so good that I even ate it plain.


Try it! 





No comments:

Post a Comment